Reasons to Support This Measure: By signing the petition, you are giving Oklahomans the
right to vote on this issue. The petition process is the purest form of democracy giving the citizens of
Oklahoma an ability to change the Constitution directly.
• Increase Tax Revenues – New wine outlets will lead to additional commerce. This additional commerce
helps the revenue of both the retailer and local & state tax revenue.
• Help Local Wineries – Creating additional wine outlets could benefit local wineries by providing them an
opportunity to expand their operations.
• Consideration of Local Liquor Retailers by Limiting Licenses – In the surveys that we have conducted,
a reason that Oklahomans might oppose this law change is an increase in accessibility. We have addressed this
concern by limiting the number of licenses to the following three criteria: 1) Grocer with 25,000 square feet in
Floor Space, 2) Counties with a population of 50,000 or greater, and 3) Two license per entity every two years
• Antiquated Laws – Our laws governing off-premise sales have been virtually unchanged since the appeal of
prohibition in 1959 (with the exception of Election Day sales). Societies evolve and so should the laws that
• Competing with Neighboring States – Our state frequently competes both directly and indirectly for
investments, jobs, and talented professionals. This small change sends a message that Oklahoma is willing to
make the tough choices to make convenience and quality of life a top priority for our citizens.
• Attraction of New Retail Outlets – National retailers bring both capital investment dollars and more
competitive jobs with higher wages and better benefits.